This evening, I went to a local 3D printer meet-up out at the Printrbot HQ in Lincoln, CA. I came home with (most of) an old, first generation Printrbot 3D printer to try and get working. Unfortunately, I’m missing a few vital parts, so I shan’t be able to get it up and running just yet, but I’ve certainly got enough to get started and do some testing! The photos are a touch blurry — I was using my phone camera, and did a poor job of focusing and holding steady.
More photos below!
I’m missing a motor sprocket for the X axis, and one of the Y axis clips, which I should be able to get at the next printrbot meeting. The electronics I got have a dodgy endstop switch on one axis, so I need to see if I can repair that problem, or if I’ll have to re-load the firmware to get things working properly. More to come!